wicket: Convert raw_data to model object for AjaxLink's onClick event

wicket: Convert raw_data to model object for AjaxLink's onClick event

vijayakumar B
Is there anyway by which i can convert the raw_data into the model, for the click action of AjaxLink.
I have three panels, panel one is the parent panel containing buttons and child panels.
Child panel 1 is to get user input and child panel 2 is to display the user with options based on inputs he gave in child panel 1. All these comes in my modal window.
what i find is,when i use, Buttons, even the validation fails in child panel 1, modal window closes without any action, so i prefered the AjaxLink which doesn't close. But the validations are not taking place.
So i manually need to validate and throw the error message. But i am not getting input from the child panel 1 eventhought i have given some input in the fields. (ie., raw_input_data is not converted to model).

So can any one please suggest a way, by which i can achieve this. i tried to use the FormComponentPanel, this is also require the button instead of link.