wicket-bootstrap NoSuchMethodError: Url.parse

wicket-bootstrap NoSuchMethodError: Url.parse

meduolis
Hello, does anybody knows, what I could be doing wrong with wicket-bootsrap setup?

I keep getting this error when entering wicket application:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.wicket.request.Url.parse(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/nio/charset/Charset;Z)Lorg/apache/wicket/request/Url;

Re: wicket-bootstrap NoSuchMethodError: Url.parse

David Beer
Hi

Which wicket-bootstrap version and how have you added wicket-bootstrap to
your application?

Thanks

David

On 21 October 2013 21:26, meduolis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, does anybody knows, what I could be doing wrong with wicket-bootsrap
> setup?
>
> I keep getting this error when entering wicket application:

Re: wicket-bootstrap NoSuchMethodError: Url.parse

meduolis
Wicket is 6.11.0

Bootstrap:
<dependency>
  <groupId>de.agilecoders.wicket</groupId>
  <artifactId>wicket-bootstrap-core</artifactId>
  <version>0.8.4</version>
</dependency>
also tried this bootstrap version:
<dependency>
    <groupId>de.agilecoders.wicket</groupId>
    <artifactId>bootstrap</artifactId>
    <version>0.7.6</version>
</dependency>
The same exception with both of them. I install Bootstrap into application using those settings in init() method:
public void init() {
      super.init();

      BootstrapSettings settings = new BootstrapSettings();
      Bootstrap.install(get(), settings);

Re: wicket-bootstrap NoSuchMethodError: Url.parse

Make sure you don't have another version of Wicket in the classpath.
Since you use Maven you can check with: mvn dependency:tree

The missing method is in Wicket 6.x:
https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/master/wicket-request/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/request/Url.java?source=c#L203

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 6:57 AM, meduolis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wicket is 6.11.0
>
> Bootstrap:
>
> also tried this bootstrap version:
>
> The same exception with both of them. I install Bootstrap into application
> using those settings in init() method:

Re: wicket-bootstrap NoSuchMethodError: Url.parse

meduolis
This post was updated on .
Hi, Martin,
[INFO] |  +- de.agilecoders.wicket:bootstrap:jar:0.7.6:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- com.google.guava:guava:jar:13.0.1:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- org.codehaus.jackson:jackson-mapper-asl:jar:1.9.11:compile
[INFO] |  |  |  \- org.codehaus.jackson:jackson-core-asl:jar:1.9.11:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- joda-time:joda-time:jar:2.1:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- org.apache.wicket:wicket-request:jar:6.4.0:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- org.apache.wicket:wicket-util:jar:6.11.0:compile

As we can see wicket-request.jar is different (6.4.0) version then other wicket modules (6.11.0). So, I have downloaded wicket-request.jar of 6.11.0 version manually and replaced it in application AND IT WORKED :).

I needed to exclude wicket-request from bootstrap and add dependency of proper version by myself.
<dependency>
	<groupId>de.agilecoders.wicket</groupId>
	<artifactId>bootstrap</artifactId>
	<version>0.7.6</version>
	<exclusions>
		<exclusion>
			<groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
			<artifactId>wicket-request</artifactId>
		</exclusion>
	</exclusions>
</dependency>

Thanks for help.

Re: wicket-bootstrap NoSuchMethodError: Url.parse

Paul Bors
Must be your maven build and how it pulls that wicket-request artifact into your project.

I suggest you exclude it in your dependency declaration for the bootstrap version you use in your POM.

Have a great day,
    Paul Bors

> On Oct 22, 2013, at 10:36 AM, meduolis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, Martin,
>

> As we can see wicket-request.jar is different version then other wicket
> modules. So, I have downloaded wicket-request.jar of 6.11.0 version manually
> and replaced it in application AND IT WORKED :).
>
> So, I really do not know, why bootstrap download wrong version. Maybe I need
> to exclude wicket-request from bootstrap and add dependency of proper
> version myself?

~ Thank you,
    Paul@Bors.ws