wicket-cdi (still) using Seam Conversation?

wicket-cdi (still) using Seam Conversation?

Ondrej Zizka
Hi all,

I am looking at Wicket 7.x and it's compatibility with JBoss EAP 7, or
Java EE 7 containers in general.

I see that there's wicket-cdi 6.0 so I assume the 7.x version is yet to
come.

However, even that one still depends on seam-conversation. Seam is no
longer supported on JBoss EAP 6.3+ or WildFly 9+.
It still works but it will stop working with the next major.

 From what I can see in the code, the reason to have it there is to
support the conversation scope, and it is not actually needed for
dependency injection to work - is that correct?
In that case, is it possible to split it to two modules, one for
dependency injection, and then wicket-cdi-seam-conversation which would
add the support for conv. scope?

Thanks,
Ondra

Re: wicket-cdi (still) using Seam Conversation?

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 5:05 PM, Ondrej Zizka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking at Wicket 7.x and it's compatibility with JBoss EAP 7, or
> Java EE 7 containers in general.
>
> I see that there's wicket-cdi 6.0 so I assume the 7.x version is yet to
> come.

https://github.com/apache/wicket/tree/wicket-7.x/wicket-cdi-1.1 (This is
7.3.0-SNAPSHOT at the moment).
There is also
https://github.com/apache/wicket/tree/wicket-6.x/wicket-cdi-1.1 for Wicket
6.x.

So, there is wicket-cdi for CDI 1.0 and wicket-cdi-1.1 for CDI 1.1.

> However, even that one still depends on seam-conversation. Seam is no
> longer supported on JBoss EAP 6.3+ or WildFly 9+.
> It still works but it will stop working with the next major.

https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/wicket-7.x/wicket-cdi-1.1/pom.xml -
there is no SEAM dependencies in CDI-1.1 modules.

> From what I can see in the code, the reason to have it there is to support
> the conversation scope, and it is not actually needed for dependency
> injection to work - is that correct?
> In that case, is it possible to split it to two modules, one for
> dependency injection, and then wicket-cdi-seam-conversation which would add
> the support for conv. scope?

> Thanks,
> Ondra

Re: wicket-cdi (still) using Seam Conversation?

pekarna
Hi Martin,

thanks for the quick reply!  It works like a charm, here's the outcome:

https://developer.jboss.org/people/ozizka/blog/2016/02/24/wicket-going-back-to-jboss-eap-quickstarts

Thanks again :)
Ondra