wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Tom Götz
Hi there,

does anybody have a working example for wicketstuff-select2 single/multi choices styled in Bootstrap 3 layout? I’m currently going bananas trying to integrate those into our Bootstrap-styled application. Any hint is welcome!

Cheers,
   Tom

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
I use them both together in my current project but I haven't got to the
point where styling it is a priority: I did that before for a previous
version of select2 and it was mostly playing with CSS.

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Tom Götz
Yeah, the CSS (after finished with playing) is exactly what I’d like to see ;-)

   Tom

> On 13.01.2016, at 14:52, Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I use them both together in my current project but I haven't got to the
> point where styling it is a priority: I did that before for a previous
> version of select2 and it was mostly playing with CSS.
>
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Tom Götz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> does anybody have a working example for wicketstuff-select2 single/multi
>> choices styled in Bootstrap 3 layout? I’m currently going bananas trying to
>> integrate those into our Bootstrap-styled application. Any hint is welcome!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Tom

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Gabriel Landon
Hi Tom,

This is the one I use :
https://fk.github.io/select2-bootstrap-css/

regards,
Gabriel.

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Nice! I will try to roll a wicket wrapper.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Gabriel Landon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> This is the one I use :
> https://fk.github.io/select2-bootstrap-css/
>
> regards,
> Gabriel.

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Not compatible with

https://github.com/select2/select2/releases/tag/4.0.1

?

:-(

Sorry, I'm still using select2 V3.5.
I did not know the wicketstuff-select2 had been upgraded to V4.

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Gabriel Landon
Have you tried with this one :
https://github.com/select2/select2-bootstrap-theme

regards,
Gabriel.

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Thanks for link!

@martin-g

What would be the best way to integrate this

http://select2.github.io/select2-bootstrap-theme/

?

1- Add a theme "concept" to select2 on wicket-stuff?
2- Create a component depending on select2 of wicket-stuff on
wicket-bootstrap?
3- ?

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Gabriel Landon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have you tried with this one :
> https://github.com/select2/select2-bootstrap-theme
>
> regards,
> Gabriel.

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

I use approach 1) for WicketStuff-DataTables:
https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/blob/6f5413194927b80ebe9b074dfe769e38ed9d8b74/datatables-parent/datatables/src/main/java/org/wicketstuff/datatables/themes/BootstrapTheme.java

By using optional dependencies on wicket-webjars and org.webjars:bootstrap
it doesn't affect applications which do not use Bootstrap

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 8:52 AM, Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for link!
>
> @martin-g
>
> What would be the best way to integrate this
>
> http://select2.github.io/select2-bootstrap-theme/
>
> ?
>
> 1- Add a theme "concept" to select2 on wicket-stuff?
> 2- Create a component depending on select2 of wicket-stuff on
> wicket-bootstrap?
> 3- ?
>

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Gabriel Landon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Have you tried with this one :
> > https://github.com/select2/select2-bootstrap-theme
> >
> > regards,
> > Gabriel.

> Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Gabriel Landon
Ernesto,

I've done a simple behavior that I add to the select2 component when needed.

public class Select2CssBehavior extends Behavior {
    /** serialVersionUID. */
    /** Select2 CSS for bootstrap. */
    private static final CssResourceReference SELECT2_CSS = new CssResourceReference(Select2CssBehavior.class,
            "select2-bootstrap.css");

    @Override
    public void renderHead(final Component varComponent, final IHeaderResponse varResponse) {
        super.renderHead(varComponent, varResponse);
        varResponse.render(CssHeaderItem.forReference(SELECT2_CSS));

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Gabriel,

Thanks for sharing! I ended up doing it a bit differently in order to be
more compatible with existing select2 component. See

https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/pull/453

@martin-g, @solomax,

Sorry again about white spaces vs tabs noise: I need to find some time to
fix that on my idea settings :-(

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Gabriel Landon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ernesto,
>
> I've done a simple behavior that I add to the select2 component when
> needed.
>
> public class Select2CssBehavior extends Behavior {
>     /** serialVersionUID. */
>     private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>     /** Select2 CSS for bootstrap. */
>     private static final CssResourceReference SELECT2_CSS = new
> CssResourceReference(Select2CssBehavior.class,
>             "select2-bootstrap.css");
>
>     @Override
>     public void renderHead(final Component varComponent, final
> IHeaderResponse varResponse) {
>         super.renderHead(varComponent, varResponse);
>         varResponse.render(CssHeaderItem.forReference(SELECT2_CSS));
>     }

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Tom Götz
Any chance for a Bootstrap theme (backport) for wicketstuff 6.x (i.e. select2 version 3.x) …? We are currently still using Wicket 6.x and can’t update yet because of infrastructure restrictions (app server not supporting Java 7 :-/ ) …

Cheers,
   Tom

> On 15.01.2016, at 10:02, Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Gabriel,
>
> Thanks for sharing! I ended up doing it a bit differently in order to be
> more compatible with existing select2 component. See
>
> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/pull/453
>
> @martin-g, @solomax,
>
> Sorry again about white spaces vs tabs noise: I need to find some time to
> fix that on my idea settings :-(
>

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Gabriel Landon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ernesto,
>>
>> I've done a simple behavior that I add to the select2 component when
>> needed.
>>
>> public class Select2CssBehavior extends Behavior {
>>    /** serialVersionUID. */
>>    private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>>    /** Select2 CSS for bootstrap. */
>>    private static final CssResourceReference SELECT2_CSS = new
>> CssResourceReference(Select2CssBehavior.class,
>>            "select2-bootstrap.css");
>>
>>    @Override
>>    public void renderHead(final Component varComponent, final
>> IHeaderResponse varResponse) {
>>        super.renderHead(varComponent, varResponse);
>>        varResponse.render(CssHeaderItem.forReference(SELECT2_CSS));
>>    }
>>
>> }

> Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Maxim Solodovnik
I believe same fix (but different CSS) can be applied to wicket-6

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Maybe for that we can use the CSS from the same project Gabriel mentioned:
as it was 3.x compatible. For the rest there isn't anything 7.X specific I
think.

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
I mean this project

https://fk.github.io/select2-bootstrap-css/

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Maxim Solodovnik
It has "MIT License" so I see no problems here :)

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: wicketstuff-select2 and Bootstrap 3

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
My commit to fix white-spaces has fixed nothing :-( I'm on the busy side
right now if someone else can help with that it would be of great help.

@Tom,

To port this to 6.x the only thing to do is copy the changes on PR and
replace CSS with

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/t0m/select2-bootstrap-css/bootstrap3/select2-bootstrap.css

Thought it seems they are not using themes... ? If so we might need to fix
code to allow for empty "name" themes?

https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/pull/453/files#diff-f89d585dcac47246368aa870803d6272R112

--
Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro